The film features deeply moving, never-seen-before footage of the early days and pivotal moments in the life of the Beatles, the Beatles’ historic visit to India to study with Maharishi (the founder of Transcendental Meditation), and the trials and tribulations of George’s life post-Beatles.
In support of the charitable work of the David Lynch Foundation, Mr. Scorsese and Olivia Harrison (both TM practitioners) generously gave the foundation permission to host a special preview of this new documentary in Fairfield, Iowa.
Mr. Scorsese, along with fellow directors Clint Eastwood and George Lucas, has previously given his support to the Lynch Foundation’s Operation Warrior Wellness, which inaugurated its campaign to teach TM to 10,000 veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
This article in the Huffington Post explains why the small town of Fairfield, Iowa, means so much to Olivia Harrison, Martin Scorsese and the David Lynch Foundation.
The Huffington Post article includes the trailer for Martin Scorsese’s new film about the life of George Harrison: “Living In The Material World.”
- George Harrison: Remembering “The Quiet Beatle”
- David Lynch Foundation: Teaching meditation to at-risk girls
- Urban Zen Foundation honors David Lynch Foundation Vice President
- Meditation Creativity Peace: A Documentary of David Lynch’s 16-Country Tour
- Clint Eastwood, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Katy Perry, Russell Simmons, Donna Karan, Russell Brand—coming together to support the David Lynch Foundation