How to learn
The Transcendental Meditation technique is easy to learn and provides a lifetime of benefits. For more information on upcoming courses in your area, please contact your local certified TM teacher.
Free introductory talk by a certified TM teacher
What you’ll learn:
- Why TM is so effective for stress and anxiety
- How TM improves brain function and memory
- What happens during TM
- Why anyone can practice TM
- Why TM works from the start
Free private meeting following the intro talk (5–10 minutes)
Personal interview with a certified TM teacher
TM Course – 4 consecutive days plus follow-up sessions
Day 1: Personal instruction (1–2 hours)
One-on-one instruction in the TM technique with a certified TM teacher
Note: TM course fee is required at this step.
Days 2 to 4: Small group sessions (60–90 minutes per day)
Additional guidance and instruction on the TM technique based on your personal experience.
Follow-up sessions* (1 hour)
A small group session (with Q&A), and a one-on-one “tune-up” session to ensure your TM practice is easy and enjoyable, and you're gaining maximum benefit.
* Group follow-up — about 10 days after personal instruction.
One-on-one tune-up — on or after the day of the group follow-up.
One-on-one “tune-up” session (30 minutes)
On or after the day of the follow-up session, a personal session with your TM teacher to confirm your TM practice is optimal and you’re gaining maximum benefit.
Free lifetime follow-up and support
- Additional one-on-one and/or small group “tune-ups” of your TM practice are recommended (not required) 1–2 times per month during the first 4 months of practice and are available at no cost at any TM Center in the U.S. and many countries around the world. In addition, certified TM teachers are always happy to answer your questions or discuss your practice at any time.
- Exclusive access to events and resources that provide deeper knowledge to enhance the experience gained from your TM practice. These include advanced lectures, events with special speakers, group meditations, celebrations, and access to online videos, articles, and more for people who have learned the TM technique.