TM for Veterans
A safe and effective method to bring relief from the adverse effects of post traumatic stress in the lives of soldiers and veterans.
The Transcendental Meditation (TM) technique has been found by scientific research to significantly reduce anxiety, depression, and other symptoms of PTSD. It has been found effective in restoring resilience both for soldiers on active duty and for veterans returning home.
WHAT IS TM?
The TM technique is a simple, natural, effortless method of meditation practiced for 20 minutes twice a day. During the practice, the mind settles down to a more quiet and peaceful level, and the brain begins to function in a more relaxed, orderly, and focused way. At the same time, the body gains a deep level of rest, allowing it to release accumulated stress, strain, and fatigue.
The TM technique is easy to learn. Anyone can do it successfully and enjoy the benefits. It involves no concentration, no focusing the mind, and no "mindful" monitoring of thoughts. Many people remark on how easy TM is to practice, and how quickly they begin to notice the results in daily life.
Over the past 40 years, more than 380 published research studies have documented the positive effects of the TM technique. Research findings include:
- 40-55% reduction in symptoms of PTSD and depression
- 42% decrease in insomnia
- 30% improvement in satisfaction with the quality of life
- 25% reduction in levels of plasma cortisol, the stress hormone
Other documented benefits of the TM technique include:
- Decreased high blood pressure
- 47% reduced risk of cardiovascular-related mortality
- Decreased smoking and alcohol use
- Faster recovery from stress
- More positive self-concept