According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) youth violence is a public health crisis in the United States. The recent dramatic incidents of school violence is not the only events that are creating fear and trauma for our youth.
• One in five high school students report being bullied at school.
• Almost a third of high school students report being in a physical fight each year.
• In 2008 more than 650,000 young people ages 10 to 24 were treated in emergency departments for injuries sustained from violence.
• Homicide is the second leading cause of death among young people. An average of 16 student age individuals are murdered every day.
What can be done to get to the root of this problem?
The David Lynch Foundation has a solution that’s working. Over the past 7 years the David Lynch Foundation has been responsible for providing funding for schools that has enabled more than 250,000 at-risk students to learn the TM technique.
Watch this short video about what’s happening all over the world through the introduction of the TM program in schools by the David Lynch Foundation.
“You know I remember when I first heard that some little kid brings a gun into school and then you start hearing all these problems.
And then they introduced this technique where the students can dive within and enliven that inner happiness, inner intelligence, inner creativity and love. They see that the problems start evaporating.”
For more information about the Transcendental Meditation program in schools, visit:
- Women, Violence and Meditation: Transcending Traumatic Stress
- Pioneering school principal brings peace to inner city children
- Combating poverty and exceeding expectations: LA school students benefit from TM
- TM school among England’s new “Free School” pioneers
If you are interested in locating a Certified Teacher
in your area, or have any specific questions please
call us at 1-888-LEARN TM (1-888-532-7686)
or submit the information below.