How to learn
The Transcendental Meditation technique is easy to learn and provides a lifetime of benefits. For details, contact your local certified TM teacher.
Free introductory talk by a certified TM teacher
What you’ll learn:
- Why TM is so effective for stress and anxiety
- How TM naturally promotes wellness
- What happens during TM
- Why anyone can practice TM
- Why TM works from the start
Free private meeting following the intro talk (5–10 minutes)
Personal interview with a certified TM teacher
TM course over 4 consecutive days:
Day 1: Personal instruction (1–2 hours)
Instruction in the TM technique with a certified TM teacher
Note: TM course fee is required at this step
Days 2–4: Checking sessions (60–90 minutes per day)
Verifying correctness of the practice and further instruction
Free lifetime follow-up and support
- After approximately 10 days of TM practice, your teacher will set up a personal or group “checking” session to review your TM practice and key points from your previous TM course sessions.
- Personal one-on-one “tune-ups” of your TM practice are an easy way to ensure your practice is optimal and you are gaining maximum benefit. They are recommended (not required) 1–2 times per month during the first 4 months of practice and are available at no cost at any TM Center in the US and in many countries around the world. In addition, certified TM teachers are always happy to answer your questions or discuss your practice at any time.
- You get exclusive access to resources that provide deeper knowledge to enhance the experience gained from your TM practice. These include advanced lectures, special events and speakers, group meditations, celebrations, and online publications for people who have learned the TM technique.